Friday, May 20, 2005

again and again...

I damn sad right now. I finished my explanatory speech on wednesday night. I remember getting too nervous and everything was in a mess. My slide, my speech, etc. Then I got lost a couple of times (and that bad!)

You know what? Never look at the examiners. Everytime I looked at them, they AVOID making eye contact. They will quickly look down on their sheets, and I was thinking: "Hey, pay attention, I'm making an important point right now!" I know I'm being paranoid but you tend to think they are writting some bad comments down, and that's why I got so messed up.

At least I was on time. I could have just lost 10% for being few seconds too long, 5% for not being between 6 to 8 minutes, 5% for being over 8 minutes. Weird marking system...it means no matter what you get 10% off. Dope.

Then I got really upset thinking about it. I got alot of help. I practised alot and I managed to go through it well but when I stand up there I just black-out from time to time. Then it just reminded me of all the English stuff, how no matter what I write I will always be wrong or only mediocre. It has always been like that. It's just something that I know I can never excel in, and it's killing me. I think it's because there are no definite ways to write but they want us to write it in one way. I mean, how are you supposed to write an essay without ever using a PASSIVE sentence? Maybe there are ways but they won't always apply.

English's bad, Mandarin's bad, Malay's even worse. And I can't do anything about it.

That's why I always prefered science. There's always a reason for something and you can use that reason in every way. When you choose the correct answer nobody can argue with you, unlike languages where if the teacher doesn't agree they can mark you wrong and you can't argue with them coz they are always right. Science is so much simpler.

I decided to just write whatever way I was taught in and I just hope it is just enough to get me into med. But do you think it is wise to do so?

Blog Archive

About Me